[WikiEN-l] Re: Delete vs salvage

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Jan 9 21:10:17 UTC 2004

There are two reasons I don't do anything, once an article makes its way
to VfD:

1. The matter will be decided by a vote.
2. The vote will ignore what I do to fix the article.

So many times, I've labored for over an hour on an article, just to find
it deleted by a committee vote. I'd rather run for political office, at
least I might get my picture in the paper.

If the article is really THAT BAD, just delete it: you're an admin, be
bold and can that trash!

If it just needs a lot of work, pick a volunteer and assign him (or her)
the task of fixing it.

If they refuse, they lose one WikiDollar ;-)

Ed Poor