[WikiEN-l] WikiLyrics

cprompt cprompt at tmbg.org
Fri Jan 9 03:17:14 UTC 2004

Actually, I was planning on start a project like that for a while now.
Maybe I'll actually get around to doing it. :-) I believe that lyrics
should be under fair use, and I think that most artists would agree with
me. That's why people who buy music on eBay would more likely bid on CDs
without the liner notes, as opposed to liner notes without CDs. While I
think a lyric project would be a great use of our wiki software, I think
it doesn't really belong on Wikimedia, which has prided itself on open
content. Unless the Wikimedia version restricted its lyrics to public
domain songs or songs under a free (as in freedom) license.