[WikiEN-l] Request for Arbitration at [[DNA]]

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon Jan 5 20:52:47 UTC 2004

Lir (A [name omitted for privacy reasons]) wrote:

>I am requesting arbitration at [[DNA]]. I have
>attempted to submit that DNA is a form of [[nucleic
>acid]]. [[User:Peak]] (working in conjunction with an
>anon IP) has made it clear to me that he thinks I am a
>vandal (thus, mediation is not appropriate; since,
>discussion is impossible).

Mediation is appropriate whether Peak thinks so or not.
If Peak refuses to enter negotiations, then that's a point
in your favour -- but the mediation committee can still try.

>I request that the arbitration committee determine
>whether, or not, DNA is a nucleic acid.

The arbitration committee does not decide the content of articles.

Also, I notice that there is no discussion of this on [[Talk:DNA]].
If there was discussion elsewhere (on user talk pages),
then you might want to copy it to [[Talk:DNA]].
(But the mediation committee can decide what they really want.)

-- Toby