[WikiEN-l] auto-biography

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk at mira.net
Thu Jan 1 13:55:14 UTC 2004

> Should we write a specific policy page about this, to expand the entry
> on WWisNot, in a similar way to what I did recently for
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:No_original_research ?

We had this debate some time ago, at [[Wikipedia:Auto-biography]].
At the time I left it, it imposed a blanket ban on starting articles
about oneself.  Some people wanted a broader imposition.  Others like
Cunc objected to it (primarily on the basis that rules are bad - a
sentiment I can understand, but disagree with in this specific case).

Eloquence rewrote this later to tone it down - suggesting merely that
creating an article on yourself is probably not a good idea, and that
it is likely to be listed on VfD and that some people strongly
disapprove of the creation of pages on yourself.

Personally, I still think a blanket ban on creating articles about yourself
or your own works is a good idea.