[WikiEN-l] Feminist agenda (was Arbitration progress report #6)

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Feb 27 15:12:35 UTC 2004

sannse wrote:
> At least two women, Angela and I, /were/ available for the arbitration
> committee.  Both of us expressed a preference for mediation but an
> availability for arbitration.  Jimbo went with our preference and that's
> fine, but since Alex pointed out the apparently all male arbitration
> committee I've thought that this is an issue that should be addressed if
> possible.

I agree with all of this.  I just went with each volunteer's
preference, and that's the way it ended up.  I didn't even notice,
which probably proves that I'm very enlightened or very backwards.
:-)

But I do think that a sense of balance is important, balance of a
number of different kinds, and that this is worthwhile to do if we
can.

--Jimbo