[WikiEN-l] About Plautus Satire

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Feb 26 20:35:40 UTC 2004

In emails to me today, Plautus Satire has accused me of lying to him
about his being moderated on the mailing list.  (He is not, has never
been, and it's his own inability to function even after people have
explained the problem to him that's to blame for the mailing list
problems.)

He's also asked me about my "revenue streams" from Wikipedia, and
whether they might somehow be "dependent on popular misconceptions
being substituted in place of relevant, unpopular, dispassionat [sic]
facts?"

I consider both of those remarks to be so preposterous as to cut off
any further possibility of hope for sensible discussion.

Here's a hint for trolls of the future -- when writing to me to beg
for a rehearing, try to avoid insulting me to my face twice in one
day.

--Jimbo

p.s.  Just to make sure I'm clear on what I find insulting about the
"revenue streams" question, it isn't the notion that I might someday
make some revenue from wikipedia.  It's my dream, in fact, that this
could someday be my fulltime job, an honorable job which I would be
proud to have earned.  It's the notion that I'd debase my ideals for
the encyclopedia in the process that I find offensive.