[WikiEN-l] Plautus

cprompt cprompt at tmbg.org
Thu Feb 26 15:25:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 19:39, Erik Moeller wrote:

> This situation is much clearer than it was with Clutch, and Clutch was
> banned.  It is much clearer than it was with Helga, and Helga was banned.
> It is much clearer than it was with Lir, and Lir was banned.
Something interesting to note: Lir is unbanned, he doesn't not
participate in reversion wars. He doesn't make personal attacks anymore.
On at least one occasion, he's requested meditation to resolve a dispute
on an article. I wouldn't say he's everyone's top pick for Wikipedian
poster child, but I can say that he's reformed.

Jimbo says that Ed is helping Plautus "learn the norms of the
community", "has great hopes for his future", and has written to Jimbo
"expressing a desire to change". Maybe reform is possible. I don't see
the urgency in a quick and lasting ban, in that case. We'll see rather
quickly if he's just buying time or if he has a true desire to join the
community.

> I am all for due process. But this is not a case for mediation. I am
> beginning to doubt the capabilities of the arbitration committee. If they
> can't see that a user who writes messages like "UNBAN ME YOU FUCKING
> IGNORANT ASSHOLE" is a candidate for a ban, then they should not be
> allowed to make such decisions in the first place.

Sure they're a candidate. But let's let the committee make the decision.