[WikiEN-l] Preservation of context.

Sascha Noyes lists at pantropy.net
Fri Feb 20 16:36:51 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 04:22 pm, Plautus Satire wrote:
> I really despise having to appeal to the masses just to use wikipedia as
> any other person is doing right at this very moment. Having to continually
> and constantly defend each and every single edit, no matter how trivial, is
> really tiresome. What is causing all "the problems" on wikipedia? Is it
> people like me?

Yes

> Or is it the frustration I'm sure many have endured of
> being banned and moderated for hurting somebody's feelings with the truth?

No. This is precisely the wrong attitude. If what constitutes the "truth" is
under contention, then simply stating that you are the bearer of the supreme
and only truth will lead nowhere except reversion wars. What is needed is
backing up with evidence and citations. Which you seem to describe as
"constantly defend each and every single edit".

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
PGP key: http://www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc (KeyID:4990287E)