[WikiEN-l] In favor of shutting down WikiEN-l

Sascha Noyes sascha at pantropy.net
Thu Feb 19 02:48:56 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 08:33 pm, David Friedland wrote:
> On behalf of Kingturtle, who claims to be unable to post to the list, I
> would like to call everyone's attention to his post on:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration
>
> He says:
> > Many of the higher level decisions regarding wikipedia are not
> > discussed or made within wikipedia-proper, but are instead discussed
> > and made on WikiEN-l. Not all have the ability to post to the mailing
> > lists; this results in cutting out some people from important
> > dialogs. In actuality, there is close to nothing that needs to be
> > said in WikiEN-l that cannot be said in wikipedia-proper. I would
> > like the arbitration committee to hear my arguments for the shutting
> > down of WikiEN-l. You can call it User:Kingturtle v. WikiEN-l.

Mailing lists are a far superior medium for discussing issues than the
wiki-interface.

Less bandwidth is consumed in discussing things on mailing lists.

The arbitration committee doesn't have any jurisdiction over this.

Best,
Sascha Noyes
--
Encryption key available from http://www.pantropy.net/snoyes.asc