[WikiEN-l] Junk mail

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Feb 18 19:30:23 UTC 2004

I finally got around to clearing out last weekend's crop of non-member
mail on this list.

Three were from Plautus, automatically held by the software due to
excessive cc's in the mail header. I passed these on to the list.

One was a bona fide inquiry about using a GFDL image of Robert Moses,
the guy who built a highway and park on Long Island. I passed it on,
despite the risk of being accused of "favoritism" because I live on Long
Island :-)

The rest got canned and banned.

By the way, I think it's better to select "discard" rather than "reject"
for junk mail, because sending them a rejection notice tells them that
this is a valid e-mail address. My theory is that valid e-mail addresses
get re-sold at a higher price and attract 20 times as much junk mail.

Ed Poor
Wikien-l admin