[WikiEN-l] Re: I propose a formula based on reverts

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Fri Feb 6 16:20:42 UTC 2004

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

> How about a simple formula, based on what percentage of a user's edits
> are reverted by other users? (We might tweak this by discounting reverts
> from a certain class of user.)

What is a revert?

Only sysops currently have an actual revert command ("rollback"). Normal
users can only load and save older versions of a page; how do you know
if it's a revert or just settling a dispute or any number of other
things? How do you keep non-vandalism reverts from influencing the
statistics?

Additionally, even if this distinction was possible, this suggestion is
leaving a rather foul taste in my mouth. People would get even more
upset about being reverted than they already do. People would start
accusing other people of being trolls solely because they reverted them
and worsened their "revert statistics".

Honestly, I don't think this is a good idea.

Timwi