[WikiEN-l] Articles like "Violence against Israelis"

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Aug 30 15:10:25 UTC 2004

Fred Bauder wrote:

>I don't have a problem with POV, but I do with detailed listings of each
>incident and casualty. There is violence against Israelis. An encyclopedia
>article would present the statistics, perhaps several examples, but not
>extensive lists. Corresponding lists of Palestinian grievances are also
>inappropriate, although I do think articles about Israeli locations should
>include information regarding previous names of the place.

Not to mention that compiling such a list is clearly primary research:
it is not easy at all to determine a complete and accurate list of
casualties on either side, and until someone publishes an authoritative
such list (or at least one that has been well researched), we shouldn't
publish one that's simply made up out of thin air, with some
inconsistent citations to news stories people happened to run across.

-Mark