[WikiEN-l] Re: Template/taxobox mess-up!

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Sun Aug 29 17:08:58 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:

> Pete/Pcb21 wrote:
>
>> Timwi wrote:
>>
>>> {{Taxobox | color = pink | name = Domestic Dog |
>>>  image = [[...]] | regnum = [[Animal]]ia | ... etc. ... }}
>>

>> We would if we could. See ToL talk for more.
>

> Can I regard this as an official statement that you will not mind
> those multi-template boxes breaking when a new parser is introduced
> that will support the "correct" way? :)
>
> If that is the case, then that will make my job for the new parser way
> easier.

I'm still wondering why this would matter. So what if a group of
templates is being used together? If that's going to be disallowed,
that seems like a major change in the language, not a detail of
parser implementation. Any definition of template that doesn't
work a lot like a C-type preprocessor macro is likely to be
difficult to explain to users.

Stan