[WikiEN-l] Anet Dartmouth, Again

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Sat Aug 28 04:46:43 UTC 2004

On 28 Aug 2004, at 00:13, wikien-l-request at Wikipedia.org wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:30:55 -0700
> From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com>
>
> let's see a sample article developed according to
> the principles of Islamic or Hindu civilization. Dunno about other
> people, but I'm tremendously curious about how that would go.
>
> Stan

Me too, but let's face it guys:
Most of use don't really know ANYTHING about Islamic or Hindu
civilization or their cultural principles. How much do you know about
Islamic scholarship? See? We should thus never make the mistake of
denying or belittling their cultural achievements when we don't even
KNOW them. Because doing so would say more about our ability to
monopolize most channels of communication with our views and
achievements than about the worth or lack thereof of theirs.

NB:
It should be noted that Hinduism and Islam are RELIGIONS. Mentioning
these religions when we were talking about western civilization is
rather conspicuous: Do we equalize western civilization with
Christianity or are we /so/ unknowing that we even fail to distinguish
between Indian and Arabic civilizations and their respective religions?

-- Jens [[User:Ropers|Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com