[WikiEN-l] Re: Anet Dartmouth, Again

Dan Drake dd at dandrake.com
Fri Aug 27 19:20:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 06:18:26 UTC, Geoff Burling
<llywrch at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:

> > A positive purchase maybe:
> > Lies My Teacher Told Me:Everything Your American History Textbook Got
> > Wrong http://www.uvm.edu/~jloewen/liesmyteachertoldme/liesmyteacher.html
> >
> > A book for everyone of the American Empire.
>
> Sorry, but my reading time is currently spent on teaching myself the immense
> amount of knowledge that was not covered -- if even alluded to -- in
> my school years.

A good book, though. If you didn't already know the low reliability of US
history as it's taught in US schools, it would be worth reading. But then,
surely *all* the people on this list know the ppor quality of the history
that's taught in *their own country's* schools. I would not for a moment
suggest that the only people who understand that are (a subset of)
Americans.