[WikiEN-l] Renaming VfD now under discussion...

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 19:14:15 UTC 2004

Nice.  Nicely coded personal attack.  Nice way to avoid the issue by attempting to belittle those you disagree with.  Nice attempt to avoid reasoned discussion.

Sorry it didn't work.

RickK

Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org> wrote:
dpbsmith at verizon.net stated for the record:

> I got enough of an encouraging reception on this list to have started a
> discussion about it at
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Votes_for_deletion
>
> There does seem to be support for renaming VfD and rewriting the VfD page
> notice, so I want to concentrate on that part of my proposal.
>
> And my campaign slogan for the change is: as we currently present VfD, some
> newbies are feeling _bitten_ when they should really only feel _barked at._

How 'bout "Campaigns to Obliterate Inadequate Articles and Humiliate
Their Worthless Authors"? We're dealing, after all, with a Very Serious
Issue[tm]. The presence of a less-than-perfect article threatens to
rend the very fabric of the space-time continuum, to say nothing of
utterly annihilating Wikipedia as we know it....