[WikiEN-l] Renaming VfD now under discussion...

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Thu Aug 26 21:09:13 UTC 2004

dpbsmith at verizon.net stated for the record:

> I got enough of an encouraging reception on this list to have started a
> discussion about it at
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Votes_for_deletion
>
> There does seem to be support for renaming VfD and rewriting the VfD page
> notice, so I want to concentrate on that part of my proposal.
>
> And my campaign slogan for the change is: as we currently present VfD, some
> newbies are feeling _bitten_ when they should really only feel _barked at._

How 'bout "Campaigns to Obliterate Inadequate Articles and Humiliate
Their Worthless Authors"?  We're dealing, after all, with a Very Serious
Issue[tm].  The presence of a less-than-perfect article threatens to
rend the very fabric of the space-time continuum, to say nothing of
utterly annihilating Wikipedia as we know it....

--
  Sean Barrett     | Linux doesn't exist. Everyone knows Linux is an
  sean at epoptic.com | unlicensed version of Unix. --Kieran O'Shaughnessy,