[WikiEN-l] Re: Dartmouth follies

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Wed Aug 25 21:28:42 UTC 2004

On 25 Aug 2004, at 22:05, wikien-l-request at Wikipedia.org wrote:

> How does having articles of borderline interest make it unusable?
> If I type "George Washington" into Google and end up at the excellent
> Wikipedia article of the same name, Wikipedia has proved very usuable.
> It is completely irrelevant whether a borderline article such as
> "George
> from Rainbow" is also available *for those who search for it*
>
> <snip>
>
> Pete/Pcb21

If all search results were always 100% accurate, well then... I'd agree
with you Pete.
However:
In this imperfect world with imperfect Google search results, people
*will* run across such "rubbish" or "not up to our standards" articles
pretty quickly on Google the longer said articles stay online here.
It's not exactly like we're situated at the a*se end of domain space
that Google bots warely visit.

So Rick has a fair point there.

- Jens