[WikiEN-l] Re: Rebranding VfD

Dan Drake dd at dandrake.com
Wed Aug 25 19:52:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:40:41 UTC, daniwo59 at aol.com
wrote:

> a) Change the name of Votes for Deletion to something like Editorial Review.
>
> I like this a lot, as I like the entire process suggested by Dpsmith a lot. It is a step toward greter quality control without being a radical departure from our Wiki norms. I heartily second the entire proposal.

I third the motion. But it would really be nice if there were a way I
could say "Gimme a randomly selected article that has never been vetted by
anybody who matters." A lot of people working part-time in this mode with
a reasonable guarantee of non-duplication of effort could make a big
difference.

Deliberately stated so as to emphasize the difficulties, both technical
and sociological; but a workable substitute might be possible.