[WikiEN-l] Re: Danny's harassment

Dan Drake dd at dandrake.com
Thu Aug 19 19:16:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:02:44 UTC, daniwo59 at aol.com
wrote:

> In a message dated 8/18/2004 9:37:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> rkscience100 at yahoo.com writes:
> A few weeks ago Danny threatened to ban me.
>
> Funny, I don't remember that. Could be,  but it is something I would
> remember. Remind me where.
> Sadly, I am
> again having problems with Danny, this time on the [[Jews
> as a chosen people]] article.
>
> Sad, indeed.
>
> Danny is making crazy statements like this:
>
> "Crazy" is ad hominem

There's not much point in complaining about ad hominem arguments when the
thrust of his argument is to complain about what the _person_ involved is
(you are) doing.  They would be logically invalid if he were attacking a
position on some other subject by attacking that position's advocate
(you).  But he's not.  Not here, anyway.

Whether he's right or wrong, I have no idea and no reason to research, not
being a member of a mediation or arbitration group, to which this stuff
ought to have been referred by now.  But if he's wrong, you could either
rebut him or ignore him, either of which is better than making fallacious
claims of logical fallacy.