[WikiEN-l] Image:TrangBang.jpg and other copyright confusion

Michael Becker mbecker at jumpingjackweb.com
Wed Aug 18 15:06:47 UTC 2004

It seems that even though decisions have already been made by Jimbo on the mailing list regarding free use of images, quite a lot of arguing is still going on in wiki-space. Image:TrangBang.jpg was just deleted due to votes on vfd. It was then reuploaded, and there seems to be a conflict between the uploader and deleter. Also, there seems to be an argument on Wikipedia talk:Fair use. I think that since Jimbo has given his (i.e. the foundations) official stance on fair use, this should be reflected by a policy of some sort in wiki-space. This would help diffuse any further disputes on the fair use issue. Otherwise, I don't see these disputes ever ending.