[WikiEN-l] Milestone

Geoffrey Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Aug 17 20:42:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, David Gerard wrote:

> On 08/17/04 14:34, Pete/Pcb21 wrote:
>
> > When we passed 100,000 , 200,000 , 300,000 etc articles there was a fair
> >   bit of fanfare.
> > I think it is only right therefore to announce that en passed the
> > 100,000,000 word mark earlier this month.
> > This is about the same size as Columbia, Encarta Deluxe and EB put
> > together, and if printed would weigh about the same as George Bush.
>
> I award you the job of writing the Slashdot story, using that exact
> weight measurement ;-)

Much as I like that unit of measure, we do not define in [[George Walker Bush]] just how much he weighs. That might then be a problem. (A spokesman for EB
says, ``100 million words, & Wikipedia lacks an entry for George Bush's
weight. And they expect us to believe they have all of the facts.")

But not going to add it to the article. It's currently under protection.
(Why am I not surprised?)

> > Across all languages we reached this milestone back in January, and are
> > now up to 220,000,000 words.

Geoff