[WikiEN-l] When can an article be considered public domain?

jcecropia at mail.com jcecropia at mail.com
Tue Aug 17 03:09:53 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Christiaan Briggs <christiaan at yurkycross.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:49:09 +0100
To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] When can an article be considered public domain?

> On 14 Aug 2004, at 6:39 am, Jim Cecropia wrote:
>
> > First IANAL
>
> Would such jargon stand up in a court of law?
>
> Christiaan

In terms of what? I am not representing myself as a lawyer and thereby stating that what I am saying may be knowledgeable, but it's not legal advice, so take it FWIW. Anyone who went to court and said, "I did this because a guy on the internet told me so" is not likely to do too well anyway.

Even if I WERE a lawyer, I would still have to say it is not legal advice, because no lawyer-client relationship exists.

IA-(still)-NAL, C