[WikiEN-l] WP:(...)

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Fri Aug 13 12:15:20 UTC 2004

Can I suggest we implement a "cover all" redirect, whereby ALL
[[Wikipedia:Some stuff here]] kind of links can alternatively be
written [[WP:Some stuff here]]?

Not all "Wikipedia:(...)" pages have "own" their redirects (meaning
redirects such as WP:SB), but it still seems like a good idea to ALWAYS
allow the "Wikipedia:" bit to be abbreviated as "WP:" -- so that if I'm
writing e.g. [[WP:Dispute resolution]], this would automatically
redirect/be expanded to [[Wikipedia:Dispute resolution]]. Again, I'm
asking whether we can do the WP: to Wikipedia: redirecting/expanding
stuff on a GENERIC basis. (I know it /could/ be done on an individual
article basis, but that's not my point.

It would help, be really convenient and it would not get in the way of
anything. Pages can still have actual own redirects such as [[WP:SB]].

Thanks and regards,
Jens Ropers

There are two types of IT techs: The ones who watch soap operas and the
ones who watch progress bars.
http://www.ropersonline.com/elmo/#108681741955837683