[WikiEN-l] Another, unresolved security problem

Kenneth Alan coxcustomer3 at cox.net
Fri Aug 13 10:05:51 UTC 2004

This was taken from Jimbo's talk page:

User:Mats Halldin
This user is harrassing me to no end. Whenever I contribute anything, he calls me a troll and gets me blocked on the Swedish Village Pump. He's trying to do that here, too at the English Wikipedia. I was complaining about being sabotaged by some other Wikipedia user I don't know who, but likely on the English Wikipedia. What happens is, I open the English Wikipedia and it gets moved to another website. This effectively blocks me from seeing any articles and learning the things I want to know. I have two spy/ad/malware blockers and two web browsers now to combat this garbage. I hope the problems goes away soon because this behaviour is completely unacceptable no matter who it's done to. The website isn't supposed to be tampered with. I am very sure that it is only the English site that doesn't work when I have a problem accessing Wikipedia. Lord Kenneð Alansson 00:28, 9 Aug 2004 (UTC)

See User Talk:OlofE about possible implications in relevance to the Trump Family(Donald and Matthew) of NYC. Lord Kenneð Alansson 13:04, 9 Aug 2004 (UTC)

Have you tried mediation? Basically, you and Mats can email each other through a mediator, and resolve your disputes in private. I don't think Jimbo needs to deal with this; we have a mediation committee to handle battles between users. Samboy 22:48, 12 Aug 2004 (UTC)
This is about the security of the website. It shouldn't be so exploited maliciously. Jórvíkingr 06:11, 13 Aug 2004 (UTC)