[WikiEN-l] domain donation, cybersquatter, our copyright

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Tue Aug 10 11:43:48 UTC 2004

I've recently raised the following issues on this list:

1. I am seeking to donate the wikipaedia.net domain name (which I have
registered) to the Wikipedia Foundation. (I also expressly emailed
Jimmy on this... no reply yet...)
2. A particularly bad serial cybersquatter is controlling
wikipaedia.org, wikipaedia.com and wikipaedia.de. We really should get
these domains off him (and would be able to do so).
3. That same cybersquatter is infringing our copyrights, large scale.
4. That same cybersquatter is imposturing as us.

I didn't get much of a response when I first wrote about these things
(not even after a 3 day wait). This despite their (perceived, by
myself) severity.
I did however send most of what I wrote _as an attached HTML file_.

So maybe most people didn't get the HTML attachment?

I have thus now posted my "little paper" on my website, at:
	http://www.ropersonline.com/Area_51/wikipaedia.html

Note that Area 51 is restricted access only. Please log on as follows:
	user name: guest
	password: 1ns4nI+y
The clear text password is of course only a modest precaution -- I just
don't want to give the rascal I'm exposing there easy opportunity to
sue me.
Please feel free to pass these account details on to other *trusted*
Wikipedians.

_Please, PLEASE DO have a look at it and read it!_

Please, let's start tackling these issues! If there is a better place
to take this, please tell me so! -- I am still fairly new and chances
are I'm just not aware of it.
I really do want these issues addressed!

Thanks and regards,
Jens Ropers

There are two types of IT techs: The ones who watch soap operas and the
ones who watch progress bars.
http://www.ropersonline.com/elmo/#108681741955837683