[WikiEN-l] Nationalist POV-pushing on Wikpedia: what to do?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Mon Aug 9 19:20:10 UTC 2004

On 08/09/04 12:54, Poor, Edmund W wrote:

> The only thing we can do about it is what we've always done about it,
> and it's the best solution anyway:
> DESCRIBE EACH SIDE'S POV

You're not listening to the description of the actual problem. We get
floods of the idjits to the point where people stop bothering with the
problematic article. We get reversion warriors operating behind AOL
proxies. In the case of user:Levzur, we have what is apparently a paid
operative to push a particular POV.

You are responding with apparent homilies; please show their application
to e.g. a simple case like Gdansk/Danzig. Not just something that would
suffice for the (hypothetical) reasonable, but something that would
actually slow down the less reasonable.

It's one thing to come up with a theoretically optimal solution. It's
quite another to come up with a solution that is so obvious and elegant
as to actually slow down the flood of crap.

- d.