[WikiEN-l] anons and new articles

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 01:10:18 UTC 2004

In a message dated 8/8/2004 8:04:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
maveric149 at yahoo.com writes:
But this should be a wiki-by-wiki feature. Smaller wikis *need* to encourage
the creation of many small articles in order to seed topics. With well over
300,000 articles, the English Wikipedia no longer needs to do concentrate on
that so much. We already have too many seeds for the amount of fertilizer and
water on hand.
While I might have phrased it differently, I agree. We really have to put a
concentrated into improving the quality of existing articles, lest they get
lost. There is too much to do to concentrate on cleaning up recent changes. Mav's
suggestion is a reasonable step toward handling this effectively. Let's start
switching our focus to quality, not quantity.

Danny