[WikiEN-l] Re: Azerbaijan and Iran related articles

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 02:10:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:42:12 -0700 (PDT), S.Vertigo <sewev at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How about just protecting them, use a very condensed
> version of the {{protected}} banner, (its just too
> much text and graphics people) and make people work on
> a proxy draft instead?

That has already been tried, to no effect. Some of the above articles
were protected for two weeks (a few for more than a month), but the
anonymous users started their reverts very early after they were
unprotected.

We (me and [[User:Refdoc]], mainly) also tried to act in the NPOV way,
finding how hard it ethically is to include some complete nonsense in
an encyclopedic article, but doing it finally. But even when the
anonymous users' opinions were included in the articles, they went and
removed the other POVs or the objections to their own POVs, and
reverted to the earlier wordings of themselves (also removing wiki
links and boldfacing many many phrases).

We could not make them talk much either. Instead of talking on topic,
they were either blaming people, or were being called names (by, for
example, [[User:K1]]).

Anyway, let's hope this is history, and we can get [[History of
Azerbaijan]] in shape again...

Really appreciating any kind of advice,
[[User:Roozbeh]]