[WikiEN-l] Nationalist POV-pushing on Wikpedia: what to do? (was Azerbaijan and Iran related articles)

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Aug 7 23:33:06 UTC 2004

S.Vertigo (sewev at yahoo.com) [040808 05:43]:

> How about just protecting them, use a very condensed
> version of the {{protected}} banner, (its just too
> much text and graphics people) and make people work on
> a proxy draft instead?

Hasn't worked - the anons don't talk, they just revert. Protecting one page
for a month did nothing - they just came back when it was unprotected and
started over.

Nationalist POV pushing is becoming a real problem on Wikipedia.
Particularly in cases where it appears semi-official, as with these cases
and with User:Levzur on Georgia-related articles. I suspect a series of AC
rulings as we go isn't really the best way to approach the problem. What
can we do abouthis sort of thing? Gdansk/Danzig is just the tip of it.

- d.