[WikiEN-l] Jayjg is now committing fraud and falsifying quotes.

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Aug 5 18:03:50 UTC 2004

Robert,

Thank you for your two lengthy explanations about Judaism articles. I
appreciate the time you've taken to bring these matters to the attention
of us all on this mailing list.

Some of us have begun looking into this, but I predict it will take
several days just to understand it all:
* We haven't all been following the articles and talk pages as closely
as you
* Some of us aren't up to speed on Israeli history and other fine points
of Judaica

However, your analysis is very helpful, and I have a few suggestions
based purely on that:

1. Try to identify Points Of View (which I like to abbreviate as POV)

On the Wailing Wall Women (no humor implied or intended!), it looks like
someone's POV that what they did was "non-traditional", i.e.,
unorthodox. They apparently have concluded that the worshipers were
therefore not "Orthodox".

2. Characterize undesirable edits as "biased" or "mistaken"

It sounds so much nicer than to use the L-word (rhymes with fire)

3. Use the "diff" function

Compare the preferred version of the article, with the diff function to
illustrate an example of valid information being removed. You can then
place a link to this diff on someone's user talk page (like mine :-) and
ask them to take a look.

4. No one should remove a POV that they disagree with.

Controversies thrive on differing points of view. It's a great service
to our readers to let them know what other people think. If Rabbi Avi
Shafran is a source of certain reports, then by all means say so in the
articles. I hope there is also an [[Avi Shafran]], so readers can decide
for themselves how much credibility to ascribe to him.

Ed Poor
Professional Peacemaker