[WikiEN-l] fair locking (was unfair blocking)

S.Vertigo sewev at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 05:17:46 UTC 2004

--- "Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales" <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> leaving people alone for 24 hours
> rather than reverting them instantly can be a
judgment call depending in part on
> the importance/popularity of the page in question.

OK, there seems to be some general agreement that
blocking is OK for vandalism and unreasonable
behaviour, while not OK for problems users regarding
particular pages; hence, too highly subjective to
leave to the whims of sysops, if recent squabbles are
any indication. Ill echo the claim that the page
protection policy needs some attenuation; to better
align it with the needs of the mod and arb processes.
IHMO.

> > >*They live for that, remember.
> > Yes, *they "hate our freedom."
> Well, they do.

If by "freedom," you mean "the illusion of greater
freedom shared among those of relatively greater
means, regardless of the means (free or not) by which
they are gotten," then I *totally agree.