[WikiEN-l] unfair blocking

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Aug 4 16:55:15 UTC 2004

blankfaze wrote:

>Just for the record, in case anyone gives a crap, I fully support Rick
>here.  The user was *extensively* warned for his disruptive behaviour.
> Yeah, the idea of exhausting all options before blocking is nice, but
>sometimes people are just hell-bent and unwilling to even discuss it,
>and need to be blocked for a bit so they can learn that we don't
>operate like that, and that it's better to discuss things than to make
>disruptive edits.

The problem is with the presumption of guilt.

This leaves no room for the possibility that the newbie may have a
better solution.  It presumes that the way something has always been
done must be the right way, or that the title and placement of articles
is set in stone.  Some people also need to learn that vigilante justice
is also a way in which we do not operate.

Ec