[WikiEN-l] Where are all the trolls?

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 23:46:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:02:26 -0400, Mark Pellegrini
<mapellegrini at comcast.net> wrote:

> Plato wrote: "I don't see trolling to be a problem, I see users that act like vigilantes to
> be a problem. I've seen some users that claimed to be "free-thinkers" but banned
> people without a hearing from the Arb. committee."
>
> You seem to be operating under the misconception that every block requires an arbcom
> hearing. The arbcom should be for settling longstanding disputes between (legitimate)
> users, not as the de-facto jury for getting rid of every trouble maker - that is what we have
> admins for.
> --Mark

Agreed.  It is important for the AC not to be overwhelmed by lengthy
disputes involving new users, or users that have never been trusted
members of the community.

If an admin is truly acting as a vigilante, other admins are free
(even enrouraged) to counteract their efforts.

+sj+