[WikiEN-l] Blocking without a reason, considered unreasonable

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Aug 3 20:17:02 UTC 2004

Let's sum it up and stop flapping our gums:

1. When you block a user, try to explain why. The best explanation
would be to cite the appropriate section of the Wikipedia:Blocking
policy.

* Example: "being a dastardly villain, see blocking policy #86"

2. Blocks made without an appropriate policy reference, may be
reversed -- but when you un-block someone, kindly leave a note at
the original blocking admin's page, and say something like: "I
unblocked Snidely Whiplash because you forgot to cite the (being
a dastardly villain) section of the blocking policy."

What could be more clear or simple?

Ed Poor
First Elected Bureaucrat           <-- and proud OF it