[WikiEN-l] followup re: blocking policy

Robert Dodier robert_dodier at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 00:40:43 UTC 2004

Hephaestos wrote:

> In light of the fact that the Arbitration Committee is
> quite willing to censure me and others for having the
> audacity to do the job they refuse to do, over any objections
> we may have, I don't think they are being taken seriously.
>
> On the other hand, if I were to change my handle to
> GreezyTroll and start spewing nonsense about "cabal" and
> "GFDL corpus", and inserting "faggot" into every other article,
> I think my objections would be taken quite seriously. In the
> name of "fairness" or somesuch.

Wikipedia is suffering from a classic case of looking for
the house keys under the street light. There is an inability,
or perhaps refusal, to recognize trolling. On the other hand,
it,s very easy to spot admins who are breaking rules.

Hephaestos wrote:

> Why should we, when our help is so clearly not wanted?

For the record: -I- want your help. I consider WP a serious
project -- that means the current troll-pandering has to stop.

Hephaestos, you rock, and RickK, so do you.
Keep up the good work.

For what it,s worth --
Robert Dodier
(Wile E. Heresiarch)