[WikiEN-l] Re: Block #1

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 23:36:30 UTC 2004

>       1. The arbitration committee instructs Anthony to refrain
>          from playing around and making provocative edits on VfD
>          and associated pages"

Which is pretty clear. That Anthony has apparently ignored a direct instruction is a
matter of regret, and would have reflected badly on him had the case proceeded to
arbitration. This is perhaps why, during mediation, he agreed to accept the following
standing order:

[[Wikipedia:Requests_for_Arbitration/Standing_orders/Anthony]]

> If Anthony should, for any reason, make a provocative edit (that
> is, an edit which is "trolling", "disruptive", and/or "antisocial" as
> interpreted by an admin) or engage in an edit war, an admin, may
> at his discretion, block Anthony for a period of 24 hours, not
> subject to the normal warnings and protections afforded other
> users.

I for one congratulate the mediation committee in their success in reaching an
agreement on this case, that has allowed Raul654 to rapidly and robustly deal with the
issue, pending further discussion. I hope that mediation will continue to resolve many
similar issues without resorting to arbitration.

-Martin