[WikiEN-l] Re: Paul Vogel wrote a "bunch of hysterics" or an ilk of lying hypocrites have, David?

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 23:07:34 UTC 2004

Mr Paul Vogel wrote:

>Indeed.
>Do NOT throw out the good with the bad, as I do
>actually suspect has really happened here and as often
>as NOT, David.

My personal feeling about Wikipedia is that sometimes it is necessary to
"throw out the good with the bad." The "good", in this instance, I see
as the contribution of alternative points of view that when
appropriately presented bring our encyclopedia closer to NPOV. The
"bad", in contrast, is having someone direct numerous offensive
statements at other Wikipedians.

I am not going to weigh the good and bad brought to Wikipedia by Mr.
Paul Vogel. That is for the arbitration committee to do. But there is no
reason to be ashamed of throwing out the good with the bad, if the bad
is more than we can tolerate. There are other sources of the same good
(with the double meaning of "good" as in commodity), and we can get it
without having to poison our community.

--Michael Snow