[WikiEN-l] Mr Natural Health and Martin Harper again out of control

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Apr 12 17:22:49 UTC 2004

Robert wrote:

>In the present case, we see why deletion is bad. We are
>left with a horribly broken presentation in which readers
>are unable to discover why it might be that, despite the
>PLO officially no longer calling for the destruction of
>Israel, and Arafat himself announcing a right to exist, the
>majority of Palestinians polled support the destruction of
>Israel.
>
>We can only come to understand that better when we come to
>understand Arafat's duplicity, and the anti-Israel
>propaganda that is rampant in the Palestinian culture. But
>because some supporters of Palestine are uncomfortable with
>that material, it is censored from Wikipedia. No, I don't
>think censorship is too strong a word."

This seems like a blatant attempt to manipulate a text, or a series of
assumedly accurate facts in support of propaganda for the Israeli POV.
 The phrase "when we come to understand Arafat's duplicity" (without so
much as a hint of the more conditional "if and when...") suggests an
uncompromising closed-minded, view of Arafat's duplicity that is not
prepared to accept any evidence to the contrary.  I say this without
prejudice to whether or not that evidence exists.

Certainly there is anti-Israeli propaganda coming from Palestinians, but
then so too is there as much anti-Palestinian propaganda from Israelis.

As the adage goes, Robert's complaints are a case of "the pot calling
the kettle black".

Ec