[WikiEN-l] Re: Uncle Ed reads Irismeister the riot act

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Apr 3 17:41:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:

> At 10:56 AM 4/2/04 -0500, Viajero wrote:
>
> >Ed's behaviour simply confirms my suspicion that there is an authoritarian
> >lurking in the soul of every rightwinger.
>
> This is also unhelpful.
>
> I strongly suspect that there is an authoritarian lurking somewhere in
> *every* human soul, one of the unfortunate impulses we need to guard
> against in ourselves.

[Response delayed from yesterday because it was too nice outside to sit
in front of my computer any longer.]

Somehow, I can't help but substitute for " an authoritarian" the words
"a four year old about to throw a tantrum" in the above sentence.

Maybe this is due to  some fragment of Transactional Analysis stuck in
my memory somewhere. Maybe it's because when I get frustrated, I want to
throw a tantrum. Or maybe because I can't help but remember that one of
the items the dictator of the moment, Saddam Hussein, had in his last
hideout was a supply of sugary American junkfood.

And I expect next week someone will furnish definitive proof that Adolf
Hitler was fond of Southern Fried Chicken.[*]

Geoff

[*] Yes, I'm aware of a few things regarding Mr Hitler.