[WikiEN-l] Uncle Ed reads Irismeister the riot act

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Thu Apr 1 13:25:33 UTC 2004

On 3/30/04 9:19 AM, "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> I posted the following on requests for review of admin actions. -- Ed
> Poor
>
> ----
>
> Iris, shut up and get back to work! You are wasting everyone's time.
> Either help us to write accurate NPOV articles, or leave.
>
> I don't give a rat's ass about whether natural health or iridology or
> zone manipulation are true or not. Just make your case for them, and
> leave it for the reader to decide.
>
> People have bent over backwards to accomodate you, mostly out of a pure
> concern for fairness and justice. You have eroded all the good will left
> in my body. Any more crap out of you, and I will "take steps". Better
> listen up good, because I'm one the oldest "old hands" around here and I
> know how to work the system. Don't get me riled up against you, or I
> will force you out!! (A word to the wise is sufficient.) --Uncle Ed
> 14:14, 30 Mar 2004 (UTC)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_review_of_admin_acti
> ons
>
> ----
>
> Sorry if I overdid it, but this business of AssumeGoodFaith can only be
> taken so far. I have no more patience left for his brand of nonsense.

The problem isn't that you overdid it--the problem is that you explicitly
abused the power entrusted in you to threaten another user.

The language you use harms not only yourself but also Wikipedia. If anyone
needs evidence that Wikipedia is run by a cabal of arbitrary, puerile
autocrats, you've supplied it.

Yes, Irismeister is extraordinarily annoying, but how many pages are we
talking about? The iridology entry actually looks very good. Yes, it took
too much work and exasperation, but hey, we're paid by the hour.

Of course, this is all easy for me to say since I avoided being involved.

Whatever the case though, no matter what Iridology's behavior, nothing could
justify your vulgar response. With power comes responsibility.