[WikiEN-l] Cooperation with EUobserver

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Tue Sep 30 03:49:48 UTC 2003

While initially I thought this agreement was a good idea, and still see
these sorts of things as in our interest, in this particular case it
seems mostly useless.  The summaries on their front page seem to be
typically two to three sentences long, so it'd be trivial in the absence
of this agreement to simply use their full articles as a source and
write an article incorporating the information therein ourselves.  We
already incorporate factual information from other news sources (BBC
News, CNN, Reuters, AP, etc.) in this manner.

-Mark