[WikiEN-l] Wikilists and GDFL

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Mon Sep 29 19:20:27 UTC 2003

I know that everything that is submitted to the Wikipedia proper (English
or otherwise) is released under the GDFL... what about everything we write
on this (or any other Wikimedia) mailing list?

Since the mailing list is archived on the 'pedia does that mean that by
writing this email I'm releasing its contents under the GDFL?

Either way, the status of this list should probably be more explicit both
during list sign-up and in the monthly password reminder.

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321