[WikiEN-l] Mr. Royce and SR

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Mon Sep 29 19:17:38 UTC 2003

At 12:01 PM 9/29/2003, you wrote:
>At this point, although we have not answered our original question
>about what was physically happening in these three cases, we have
>answered the question about what was _not_ happening in these cases,
>which means that we have answered the important question Does SR
>pertain to physically real (or intrinsic) characteristics? And we
>have found that the answer to this question is No. This tells us all
>we need to know in order to prove our main point that SR does not
>pertain to the equivalence of real mass with real energy (which is
>of course stated explicitly by the equation E=mc^2).
>
>-----RR-----

Mr. Royce, could you please define what you mean by "real" in the sense
that you've used it in your "proof"? You say "real clock rhythm", "real
mass", and "real energy", but don't fully define those terms. Perhaps the
root of the misunderstanding here is a difference in word usage? Maybe
people on the list are missing your fundamental point because they aren't
using the same words to mean the same things...

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321