[WikiEN-l] Re: Welcome back Adam

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Mon Sep 29 18:32:14 UTC 2003

At 05:59 AM 9/29/2003, you wrote:
>              Always address and treat individuals in the manner in
>    which they are expressing themselves. Use names and pronouns
>    appropriate to the expressed (rather than the genetic or legal)
>    gender. Give the same respect that you would expect for yourself.

Of course, if Lir/Adam/Pizza Puzzle would show all of US the respect of
picking a set of pronouns and damn well sticking to them, this wouldn't be
a problem. The problem arises because he/she/it can't just use one identity
consistently... that's his/her/its problem, not mine.

I'm prefectly happy to call L/A/PP he, she, it, or what have you, but I'm
not changing pronouns on the whim of someone who can't decide which
identity they're going to be using on a regular basis. Since a majority of
the identities that I'm familiar with from this individual are male (as
near as I can tell), I'm going with male.

Therefore, if he has a problem with that, he can tell me.

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321