[WikiEN-l] Welcome back Adam

Jimmy Wales jwales at joey.bomis.com
Sat Sep 27 13:21:27 UTC 2003

Rick wrote:
> I'm newer than you, and I've still seen how Lir likes to confuse
> things with multiple names.  What do you mean, you don't know why
> he'd want to use two logins?  Because it's the way he makes things
> difficult for the rest of us.

To my knowledge, he hasn't used 2 logins since his reinstatement.  He
knew that he was reinstated, and I told him he could use whatever
account he liked, as long as he sticks to it, and he used PP while
waiting for the Lir account to be setup for him.  (It was banned, so
he couldn't just login and start using it.)

I don't have a problem with that.

Let's all stipulate this: Adam's history is terrible.  He used
multiple logins while banned, as a means of evading the ban.  There's
no excusing that, but there's no death penalty for it, either.

So let's relax a notch or two and try to welcome him on board in a
positive manner.

It might not work.  But let's give it a real try.

--Jimbo