[WikiEN-l] Re: BuddhaInside banned

Björn Lindqvist bjrn.lindqvist at telia.com
Fri Sep 26 18:24:08 UTC 2003

>>>The vandalism of the Main Page was the last straw. I have banned
>>>BuddhaInside. This should not require Jimbo's approval since it was a
> case
>>>of simple and obvious vandalism.
>>>I hope we can get rid of all these Deletexxxx pages he idiotically
>
> created
>
>>>now.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Erik
>>
>>If you had looked a little closer you would have seen that it wasn't
>>done on purpouse.
>>
>>BL
>

> Do you mean the move of the main page was not done on purpose?  How could it
> have been an accident? from what others have said this needed a hand-edited
> URL - it wasn't just a mistaken click of a link.  Can you elaborate?
>
> Thanks
>
> sannse

Yes I can. What I claim is that BuddhaInside (BI) wasn't intentionally
vandalising the Main Page even though that is what happened. Since none
of the developers had realised that moving a main page was possible, it
is not justified to believe that BI realised that. Because IF BI's
intention was to vandalize, why didn't he continue after the first move
with other protected pages? However *if* we assume that BI believed that
moving the Main Page would create a *copy* of it on his talk page the
story becomes more reasonable. It is possible that he used a URL instead
of a link because he was busy moving his talk page to the Deletexxx
pages. Tim Starling was the developer that solved the problem so I guess
he knows.

A compilation of the relevant edits BI made are up for public display
at: http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BL/evenmorestuff

BL