[WikiEN-l] Re: articles about Serbian history

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Thu Sep 25 07:35:51 UTC 2003

LittleDan wrote:

> Well, then that's just because of its POV. We link to
> POV sites.
> LDan

There may be some instances, where it is justified to link to a propaganda
source. For example, if you have an article about Serbian history, I would
not protest against having a link to freesrpska, provided that a comment
explains the nature of that site. But we don't need to have this link on
every page about a detail of Serbian history. Take for example the article
"Skull Tower"; it is a quite short article, but it is followed by three
(!) links to the freesrpska page, among them a subpage pretending to
explain the "Islamic conflict on the Balkan" (see
http://www.freesrpska.org/en/prevare/islam.html for that blatant
propaganda). Our readers will click on these links and read all this
garbage.

Nikola (the author of the articles) offered to provide a comment next to
all these links, reading "be warned that some of other articles on this
site might be propagandistic and biased" - but I consider it dangerous to
have these links at all.

Mirko