[WikiEN-l] Banning User:BuddhaInside

sannse sannse at delphiforums.com
Wed Sep 24 11:05:05 UTC 2003

Hephaestos wrote:

> Now that account banning is installed on en: I plan to avail of it.
> User:BuddhaInside has been trolling the 'pedia for over two weeks now,
> with no end in sight.
<snip>
> I don't take using an account ban lightly, so this is your chance to
> either talk me out of it or yank my admin privileges beforehand.  I
> intend to ban this account after another day or so.

I'm not going to comment on  whether BuddhaInside should be banned, but I do
oppose it being done in this way.  We should only use the ban button to
enforce hard bans (cautiously!) or cases of simple vandalism (If
BuddhaInside's contributions are vandalism, then they can only be described
as *complicated* vandalism)

Please don't do this Hephaestos, I think it would set a dangerous precedent.
I don't think you (or I) should make this decision.

Regards,

sannse