[WikiEN-l] I want a bot too

Steve Vertigum utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 18:36:55 UTC 2003

--- The Cunctator <cunctator at kband.com> wrote:
> The RamBot was a bad idea, and the IsraelBot is too.
> Wikipedia articles should be generated individually,
> not en masse.
>
> A semi-reasonable compromise would be to tag the
> auto-generated entries
> so that they didn't show up in the site statistics,
> etc. That is, the'd
> act as preformatted resources for editors who wanted
> to create an entry
> on a town, but wouldn't be considered real entries.

Well, I understand this view-- how can any stats be
non-political.  Does this mean that we accept them
outright? I think that the RamBot was a great idea. A
pain in the butt on recent changes, but....

To have Native Americans argue about US cities is one
thing altogether-- those disputes were "settled" a
long time ago.

~S~